The desire and aspiration to lose weight, which we usually have when we start dieting, often disappear after the third day. The initial determination weakens and we start to allow ourselves some indulgences, such as cakes, sweets, etc. We say to ourselves: “It’s only a small bite and it not going to make any difference!” But this can go far and it’s possible to eat the whole big cake this way, little by little :D. Obviously, it’s not easy to instantly change the way you eat, this is why I bring to your attention small tips and tricks to help you stay strong in the process of gaining slimmer figure:
1. Drink a glass of water 10 minutes before eating. It will help you to, partially, cut appetite and you will eat less food.
2. Try to use smaller plates for your food, then your portion will seem bigger, and thus, the feeling of ‘not eating enough’ will disappear.
3. Here is one interesting proverb about eating, it says: ‘While I eat – I am completely deaf’. This simply means that it’s important to concentrate your attention totally on the meal, try not to hurry, don’t be distracted, just enjoy, carefully chewing the food, feel the taste and amazing smells.
4. Not only the size of your plate is important, but also the colour! Some colours can, really, stimulate the appetite while others help to decrease it, at least, psychologists say so. For example, bright colours, such as red and bright orange, can stimulate you to eat more, while blue or black shades can help you avoid overeating. But, if you don’t like to eat from a blue plate, I would recommend using a neutral plate colour – white one, for example.
5. Aromatherapy can also help moderate the appetite. If you can’t wait before the scheduled meal – try to smell some aromatic oils. The sense of hunger and the sense of smell are close to each other, therefore smells can help you dull your feeling of hunger.
6. Another thing to avoid is spicy food. It can boost your appetite. If you can, get rid of both salt and pepper or just use them sparingly.
7. When you do grocery shopping – go there full. This way you will free yourself from the temptation to buy everything and more.
8. Try to skip out on staffing your fridge with products high in calories. It will help you avoid the temptation to eat them. It’s like a person who’ve just quit smoking, what would happen if he carried cigarettes in his pocket all the time? 😀
9. Probably, everybody knows that it’s better to avoid eating at least 3-4 hours before going to sleep. But if you feel hungry in the evening, eat a yogurt and then, brush your teeth one more time. Usually, we wash teeth after a meal, so the desire to eat must consequently disappear.
10. Another easy trick to avoid overeating: if it’s possible, put on skinny jeans, this way the extra food simply won’t find place inside you, litterally. 😀
And finally, the most important thing is: your food should be balanced. All necessary vitamins, minerals, fats, fibres, etc., should be present in your meals, and then, you simply won’t have any appetite issues any more, because your body will receive all necessary things.
I hope you’ve found these tips useful. What are your favourite weight loss tips and how do you avoid overeating? Please, share your thoughts with me in the comments section below.
Stay beautiful and healthy!