7 HABITS OF SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
Everyone of us has habits and with those habits we shape our life. Successful people understand it very well and often, they distinguish themselves by common qualities, let’s talk about them in today’s topic:
1) Successful people never give up.
They can fall, but they will always stand up and continue chasing their dreams. Here is what Ralph Waldo Emerson has to say about it : “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.”
2) Optimistic outlook on life and ability to see positivity in any situation.
For example, Thomas Edison, failed more than 1000 times while trying to create the light bulb. When he was asked about it, his answer was: “I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb.” So, successful people focus on solution and not on the problem.
3) Successful people have clear goals (or vision) and they can see the end result.
Imagine, you are about to take a flight and while buying your ticket, you say: “Give me please one ticket to America.”
America has 50 different states and if you don’t know where you are going, life can bring you anywhere…Therefore, if you want to be successful (it concerns any area) you need to set clear goals and know what you want. If you didn’t figure it out yet, then take time and brainstorm about it. You can take a paper and answer one question in writing: “What are my goals in life?”…write everything that comes in mind and, when you write the thing that will make you cry or you’ll feel the enthusiasm, then, you found one of your important goals. These dreams will make your life meaningful and very powerful.
4) Successful people do what they love. One very important thing in life is to find your field of passion and make it your work. Confucius talked about it : “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” Here is what Steve Jobs has to say: “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” Here is a tip from one of the most successful entrepreneurs Richard Branson: “Don’t do it if you don’t enjoy it. Running a business takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears (and caffeine). But at the end of the day, you should be building something you will be proud of.”
5) Successful people don’t waste their time. They know that time is extremely precious and it’s actually the only thing that we can’t buy or redeem.
6) Successful people make their own luck. They don’t wait till winning the lottery, they have a clear plan for life and adjust it as they advance. They prefer to act instead of waiting till the “weather” of life is right. Successful person is not a passive contemplator of his circumstances, he is a director of the movie of his own destiny.
7) Always learn. Successful people never stop growing, weather it’s intellectually, spiritually or learning a new skill.
Mahatma Gandhi said: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” And here is one quote by Voltaire: “The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing.”
Of course there are a lot more interesting things and secrets to learn about successful people. I will talk about it in my later posts.
Please, share your thoughts with me in the comments section. If you have a question, feel free to ask. 🙂
Stay happy and present in the moment!