Everyone can have ups and downs in life and in those moments we really need helping hand (or helping tools) to improve our mood. Today, let me share with you some easy and effective tips to lift up your spirits, help you to feel happier and to improve mood:
1) Watch funny movie. It can make you forget your problems, let go of stress and worry, and help to feel better. After watching a funny comedy you probably will look differently on your problems and will find solutions easier.
2) Get up, dress up and show up. Staying at home and lying in your bed won’t help you to boost your mood. Make yourself beautiful and go out of the door.
3) Treat yourself, do something pleasant for yourself. It can be a massage, shopping for a new pretty dress, taking a bath or eating your favourite meal…
4) Talk to your best friend or a person that you trust. This also can help to boost your mood into positive direction. Avoid negativity by all means.
5) Think about 10 things you are grateful for. This is how I usually start my day and it really helps me to boost my mood and to instantly feel happy.
6) If the weather is good and sun is shining – go for a walk in your near by park. While you walk, notice the beauty of the nature, enjoy, and let the warmth of the sun enter into your being. Imagine that the sun is happiness that shines on you – let this happiness in.
7) If you are artistic person and you love to paint but never have time for it – start painting again.
Express your feelings on canvass using bright colours and may be even glitter.
8) Smile. Yes, this tip is very simple but it truly works. Even scientific researches show that when we smile – we begin automatically feel happier.
9) Listen to your favourite music, preferably, it should be rhythmic and uplifting sound, not depressing, sad or melancholic.
10) Breathe deeply. It sounds simple, but can help you to improve your mood almost instantly. Breathing is very efficient tool to let go of stress.
11) Dance as if no one is watching. This is one of my favourite tips to improve my mood. It works.
12) Get creative and indulge in your hobbies, or in other words – have some fun. If you like gardening – go out there and plant some seeds, if you enjoy playing piano – compose a melody, of it’s playing with clay – get creative.
13) Start exercising. Getting up and moving can easily rise your energy levels and, therefore, boost your mood.
14) Sniff a lemon. Sounds strange, but certain researches have found that special substances found in lemons and other citrus fruits help to reduce stress and boost your mood.
15) Remember that the best is yet to come, tomorrow is another day and “the sun’ll come out, tomorrow!”. Whatever is bringing you down, it also will pass.
Did you find something useful for yourself? If so, please leave me a comment below and tell me which ‘improve mood’ tip you liked best.