15 Ways to improve your mood
Everyone can have ups and downs in life and in those moments we really need a helping hand (or some helping tools) to improve our mood. Today, let us share with you some easy and effective tips on how to lift up your spirits and help you to feel happier.
1. Watch a funny movie
It can make you forget all your problems, let go of stress and worry and help you to feel better. After watching a funny comedy you probably will look differently on your problems and will find solutions easier.
2. Get up, dress up and show up
Staying at home and lying in your bed won’t help you to boost your mood. Make yourself beautiful and go out of the door.
3. Treat yourself and do something pleasant for yourself
It can be a massage, shopping for a new pretty dress, taking a bath or eating your favourite meal…
4. Talk to your best friend or a person that you trust
This also can help to boost your mood into a positive direction. Avoid negativity by all means.
5. Think about 10 things you are grateful for right after you wake up
This is an amazing way to start off your day on a positive tone, it really help you to boost your mood and to instantly feel happier.
6. If the weather is good and sun is shining – go for a walk in your near by park
While you walk, notice the beauty of the nature, enjoy and let the warmth of the sun enter into your being. Imagine that the sun is happiness that shines on you – just let this happiness in.
7. Do something creative
If you are an artistic person and you love to paint but never have time for it – start painting again.
Express your feelings on canvass using bright colours, and maybe even glitter?
Yes, this tip is very simple but it truly works. Even scientific researches show that when we smile – we automatically begin to feel happier.
9. Listen to your favourite music, preferably, it should be a rhythmic and uplifting sound, not depressing, sad or melancholic one.
10. Breathe deeply
It sounds simple, but it can help you improve your mood almost instantly. Breathing is very efficient tool to let go of stress.
11. Dance as if no one is watching
This is one of our favourite tips to improve the mood. It really works.
12. Get creative and indulge in your hobbies, or in other words – have some fun!
If you like gardening – go out there and plant some seeds, if you enjoy playing piano – compose a melody, or if you like playing with clay – get creative.
13. Start exercising
Getting up and moving can easily rise your energy levels and, therefore, boost your mood.
14. Sniff a lemon
This might sound strange, but certain researches have found that special substances found in lemons and other citrus fruits help to reduce stress and boost your mood.
15. Remember that the best is yet to come, tomorrow is another day and “the sun’ll come out, tomorrow!”. Whatever is bringing you down, it also will pass.
Did you find something useful for yourself? If so, please leave us a comment below and tell us which one of these mood improving tips you liked best.