Marilyn Monroe is an ultimate beauty icon of all time. She was naturally very pretty and charming, but the makeup secrets that her makeup artist Whitey used made her look absolutely fabulous and unique. Let me share with you 10 makeup tips of Marilyn Monroe:
1) To create plumper lips the makeup artist of Marilyn Monroe used to apply up to 5 different shades of lipstick and gloss layered one on top of another to achieve multidimensional result: darker shades of red – on outer corners and lighter shades – in the middle of her lips, he added some highlighter on the cupid’s bow and in the middle of the bottom lip as well. Layered lipstick and gloss on top of it made Marilyn’s lips look amazing and voluptuous.
2) Marilyn used Vaseline under her foundation to add a lovely glow to the skin. This trick made her skin look amazingly fresh and glowing on camera, creating kind of soft-focus look.
3) The actress used to wear half set of eyelashes on outer corners of her eyes to extend the shape of her eyes, then – couple of coats of mascara and her lashes looked perfect!
4) To enhance the heart-shaped face features, the makeup artist of Marilyn Monroe used couple of tricks: to widen the upper half of her face he used a highlighter, as well as pointed the arch of Marilyn’s brows, this helped to widen her forehead; and then, he contoured and shadowed the bottom half of her face with darker shade of powder to give the illusion of narrow jaw line and slimmer face.
5) Whitey (makeup artist of Marilyn Monroe) used blush to shorten and shape Marilyn’s nose, as well as to enhance her cheekbones. He would dab a little bit of blush on the tip of her nose and then go on top of it with vaseline and powder to achieve the right soft focus texture and to make her nose look shorter.
6) To widen Marilyn eyes he would line her eyes with black or brown eyeliner, starting from the inner corners all the way to the outer corners, bringing the line out and up.
7) Using a soft brown pencil, makeup artist of Marilyn used to draw a tiny fake shadow on the end of her lower lash line, a line angling downward, as if it was a shadow coming from the upper lash. This gave Marilyn her seductive and distinctive look and helped to open up her eyes. The gap between the two lines (upper lid eyeliner and “fake shadow” line on the lower lash line) was filled with white pencil to finish up the perfect Marilyn’s signature eye look.
8) Highlight the eyes all over. This means to apply a highlighter in the inner corners of the eyes, on the brow bone and under the eyes.
9) To create soft shadow in the crease on Marilyn’s eyes, her lids were coated with a creamy white eyeshadow first, all over the lid up to the brow bone and then, soft smoky brown (or soft silvery blue) shadow was applied to the outer crease. This gave her eyes very elegant and effortless depth.
10) Marilyn used to wear only pink or coral blushes to always look fresh.
I hope you found interesting things for yourself. Which one of these tips is your favourite? Share your thoughts with me in the comment’s section.