7 Amazing Super Foods That Will Help You Focus and Will Increase Your Brain Power
Sometimes, we unwillingly forget things and lose concentration, it can happen even in most important places and situations, mostly, during exam days or office work, where we take lots of stress, so we find it hard to concentrate on our tasks. You don’t need to take an expert’s training to learn to focus and increase your brain power. If you find it hard to focus and your concentration isn’t good, then, just by eating certain kinds of foods you can improve your focus and increase your mind’s abilities.
Certain super foods can help improve your body function, both physically and mentally. Some foods have qualities that can help you avoid getting distracted, improve memory and thinking skills.
Here is a list of 7 super foods that will boost your focus ability and increase your brain power. Adding these healthy foods in your meals and snacks can provide you with a great dose of vitamins and will keep you mentally focused.
• Berries – Berries are little fruits that are considered and proven to be one of the best super foods for anti aging. Berries protect the brain from oxidative stress and reduce the chances of dementia. One kind of berry is especially beneficial – it’s blueberry; not only it’s very delicious, but also, it helps boost focus and memory power for a longer time. Add blueberries to your yogurt or salad and enjoy the boost of energy.
• Chocolate – Chocolate is a good snack that helps the brain in many ways. Caffeine found in chocolate provides the same boost to memory as coffee and tea do. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, that can help fight free radicals that cause oxidative damage to cells.
• Fish – Eating seafood, at least, once a week can help our body in many ways. Fish contains omega 3 fatty acids, which are very good for the brain. Fatty acids that are found in fish also help boost the memory functions; our body can’t produce these fatty acids on its own and we need to take them from other sources. Different kinds of fish are best for this, since, along with increasing brain power, fish also has good effects on the entire body.
• Carrots – Carrots are very good for eyes and our brain. They help restore memory and reduce inflammation. Luteolin, the compound found in carrots, can reduce aging related memory loss and is best for brain health. Rosemary, olive oil and celery also contain luteolin.
• Walnuts – Walnuts contain antioxidants that are good at fighting brain-damaging cells. They also help in reversing brain aging. Walnuts look like little brains, so one can assume that eating them can have good effects on the brain and studies proved it true.
• Pumpkin seeds – Pumpkin seeds provide zinc to the body, which is good for thinking skills and enhancing memory. Eat a handful of pumpkin seeds – it definitely will be good for you brain.
• Spinach – Spinach is one of the best leafy green vegetables that are good for the whole body, as well as the mind. Spinach contains vitamin E, which improves brain tissue. Also, it contains lutein which is an antioxidant that protects against cognitive decline.
Many kinds of beverages are also considered to be a good source for boosting energy and increasing concentration. Energy drinks are very popular and are widely used, but relying on them all the time is bad for your body and brain. They will give you a boost of energy now, but later, they will make things worse…Therefore, let’s rely on natural sources, exercise and lead a healthy lifestyle in order to increase brain power and improve focus.
I hope you find these tips useful.
Do you know some other super foods and energy boosting foods that can help improve focus and increase brain power? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment’s section below.