Our health and wellbeing depend on the foods we eat. Let us share with you 20 of the healthiest foods that are extremely beneficial.
1) Eggs are rich in various vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein and contain all 9 essential amino acids, they also contain the right kind of fat and are one of the only foods that have naturally occurring vitamin D, eggs can reduce the risk of cancer.
2) Avocado is a heart-healthy fruit, rich in oleic acid – the mono-unsaturated fat that helps to lower the cholesterol levels in the body. Yes, avocado is actually, a fruit that tastes like a vegetable. Avocado is a great sours of vitamins C, E, lutein and potassium. Eating avocados actually helps to feel satisfied, as well as beneficial for burning fat.
3) White tea contains more antioxidants than any other tea available. White tea is able to increase your metabolism rate, reduce the cholesterol levels and it’s an amazing helper for those loosing weight. Dare I say – even better than a green tea! Drinking white tea also promotes healthy and radiant skin!
4) Artichoke is high in antioxidants and rich in fibre which helps to control the levels of cholesterol in the body. Artichokes can even help to prevent cancer.
5) Apples, high in fibre, they help to lower the cholesterol levels in the body and boost the calories burn.
Apple is an excellent source of pectin. There are many reasons why an apple a day really can keep the doctor away, this is why, apple is a perfect snack.
6) Oatmeals provide the high levels of fibre, low levels of fat, and high levels of protein, which makes an oatmeal “a perfect food”. Oatmeal also helps to stabilise blood sugar and has beneficial effects on cholesterol levels, contains unique antioxidants beneficial for heart.
7) Beets are a natural stamina boosting product. Yes, it’s true, even ancient Romans used it for this purpose. Beets contain a lot of vitamins and minerals, rich in betanin and vulgaxanthin, beets have anti-inflammation and antioxidant properties, it’s a wonderful tonic for the liver that works as a purifier of the blood, and can prevent cancer.
8) Raspberries are low in calories, and extremely high in various antioxidants, they are an amazing source of vitamins A, C, E, as well as various minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, iron and magnesium.
9) Blueberries are my favourite berries and, luckily, contain the highest level of antioxidants among fruits, have anti-inflammatory properties, help to lower the cholesterol levels in the body and help to slow down the ageing process. What more to ask from a berry?
10) Broccoli is almost “a wonder-food”, it’s rich in fibre, vitamins B, C, K, E, minerals, iron, calcium and potassium, all this helps to fortify the immune system and prevent many illnesses.
11) Brussels Sprouts are a true friend of our heart, they contain a lot of vitamins: vitamin A, B, E, as well as omega-3 fatty acids, preventing a heart decease, cancer and reducing inflammation. Hight in tiber brussels sprouts help to lower the cholesterol levels in the body.
12) Cranberries are extremely rich in antioxidants and vitamins, which helps to prevent cancer, fight the heart decease, slow down the ageing process and cranberries can even help you to lose weight by boosting the metabolism of the body.
13) Edamame contains about 35% of protein, which is more than 80% percent higher than mature soybeans. Rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals edamame has anti-inflammatory properties and is very low in fat.
14) Olive oil is a very beneficial product for your wellbeing. It helps to keep your heart young, it has a high concentration of monounsaturated fatty acids, which promote “good” cholesterol in the body while lowering the “bad” one. Olive oil contains valuable vitamins and nutrients, it’s loaded with antioxidants, which can help to protect the body from cancer. It’s better to buy “extra virgin olive oil”.
15) Onions help to improve immunity, regulate blood sugar, reduce and heal infections and inflammations. Eating onions can even prevent cancer.
16) Oranges are an an excellent source of vitamins A, B-complex and vitamin A, as well as other antioxidants. They help to lower the cholesterol, prevent many deceases and normalise blood pressure.
17) Spinach is rich in fibre, helps to maintain low blood sugar, protects against cancer and has anti-inflammatory properties.
18) Lemons are very alkalizing for the body which helps to restore pH balance. Lemons (as well as lymes) are rich in vitamin C and limonene, which helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and prevent many types of diseases.
19) Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acid content, as well as Vitamins A, B and D, minerals calcium, iron, phosphorus and selenium, each of which have their own powerful health benefits. To summarise, salmon is beneficial for muscles and tissue, for heart and brain, as well as your nervous system.
20) Tomato is low in calories and rich in lycopene, which can help fight cancer and acts as an antioxidant, but it’s absorbed better eaten with a little bit of fat, this is why when you make a tomato salad – add some olive oil.
What are your favourite healthiest foods? Please, share your thoughts in the comment section.
Stay happy and healthy!