Today let’s look at top 6 tips on how to make your hair grow faster:
Many people, men and women, ask this question: “How do you make your hair grow faster?”. Luxurious, long and healthy locks can tremendously enhance one’s appearance. Well, there is no magic – a lot of it lies in the genes! Nevertheless, there are some good tips that exist that can help you accelerate your hair growth. Let’s look at some of the top and essential hair care tips:
Tip #1: Building blocks for hair growth
First of all, it’s important to know that your hair growth is affected by your diet. Protein, for example, is essential ingredient of healthy and consistent hair growth.
When you eat protein rich foods, your body produces amino-acids of which keratin is made and, as you might know, your hair is mostly composed of keratin. Therefore, protein literally gives your body a material or building blocks of which to produce beautiful, healthy and shiny hair; so, make sure you include right amount of protein into your diet. Here are some healthy sources of protein: eggs, nuts, lean meat, beans, products made of soy, fish, etc…
Tip #2: Did you know that fat can be beneficial?!
If you wonder how to make your hair grow faster, check if you eat enough of healthy fat.
Healthy fat is essential for good and consistent hair growth, therefore, make sure to include products rich in essential fatty acids, such as Omega 3 and Omega 6 into your diet: salmon, linen oil, sardines, scallops, shrimps, grass-fed beef, tofu, soybeans, etc…
Tip #3: Zinc and iron.
Deficiency of zinc and iron in the body can lead not only to anemia, but also to thinning hair, hair loss and overall poor health.
Zinc helps your body grow new tissue, including your hair, as well as repair it. Sources of zinc include oysters, peanut butter, lean meat, poultry…
Iron helps to carry oxygen to the follicles of your hair, promoting healthy hair growth. Natural sources of iron are: poultry, eggs, lean meat, beans, tofu, soybeans, spinach.
Tip #4: Vitamins for hair growth and thickness.
Healthy dose of Vitamin C is important not only for the healthy hair growth, but also, this antioxidant helps your body renew and repair tissues, as well as absorb iron. Vitamin C also helps your hair look healthy and shiny. Natural sources of vitamin C include strawberries, citrus fruits, kale, pineapples, broccoli, kale and peppers.
Also, make sure you include sources of vitamins of B group into your diet. Deficiency of vitamin B can be one of the causes of thinning hair, as well as of hair loss. Vitamins of B group are responsible for the overall health of the hair, helping reduce hair loss, preventing dehydration, adding softness and regulating the production of sebum. Sources of vitamin B are bananas, seafood, lean diary, potatoes, beets, broccoli, peas, lean meats, spinach, oats and whole grains.
Vitamin A can help your hair grow healthier, shinier and softer.
Vitamin E can significantly improve your hair growth, stimulating circulation in the scalp.
If you decide to take vitamin supplements for hair growth, make sure to consult with your physician before taking them. (Overload of vitamins is not good neither!)
Tip #5: What to avoid if you want your hair grow faster?
– Avoid stress by all means, because it can lead not only to hair loss and thinning hair, but also to fatigue, depression and sleepless nights…we don’t want this, right? To avoid stress, try to meditate, exercise regularly and direct your thoughts into positivity.
– Avoid silicone based shampoos, as well as shampoos containing laureth sulphate, because these products dry out your hair, causing breakage and damage. Also, certain studies show that sodium laureth sulphate (SLS) can be linked to skin and eye irritation, organ toxicity, cancer, possible mutations and, even, cellular changes.
– If you wonder how to make your hair grow faster – make sure to avoid tight hairstyles, because those can lead to hair loss, breakage and damage if worn constantly and often.
– Avoid excessive sun exposure, because it can not only lead to premature wrinkles and sun spots, but also UV rays can significantly damage your locks. Therefore, if you know that you will spend a day on the beach, make sure to wear a hat!
– Avoid excessive use of heating and styling tools, if you want your hair be strong and healthy.
– Avoid constantly bleaching and dyeing your hair, as well as permanent hair extensions. All of the above have damaging effects on your locks. If you want to slightly change the color of your hair, go for highlights, instead of uniform hair coloration; highlights are less harsh and, definitely, less damaging for your tresses.
Tip #6: To-dos of how to make your hair grow faster:
– Well, as already mentioned above, make sure to eat healthy and receive all the necessary vitamins for healthy hair growth. Avoid indulging in junk and processed foods.
– Moisturize your hair from within by eating healthy fats, food rich in protein and drinking plenty of water; also, moisturize your locks from the outside, by making nourishing warm oil hair treatments (use olive oil, coconut oil, linen oil, sweet almond oil or castor oil), and do moisturizing hair masks regularly.
For example, weakly oil treatment using castor and coconut oils can help your hair grow faster, healthier and thicker. Massage castor oil into your scalp, and then, spread coconut oil on the lengths of your hair, cover your head with a silk scarf or a shower cup and leave it overnight. The next morning, wash and condition your hair, as usual (you might need to shampoo your hair twice to get rid of greasy feeling). This natural homemade hair treatment will add glossiness and shine, it will simply breath a new life into your locks, making it look shiny, healthy and simply gorgeous! You can also apply castor oil on your eyelashes and eyebrows every evening to nourish them, accelerating their healthy growth.
– Brush your hair well every day and massage your scalp regularly, it will help stimulate your scalp, making your hair grow faster.
You can read an article about how to make very effective mask for extreme hair growth here.
I hope you found the above tips useful. Feel free to share your own tricks on how to make your hair grow faster in the comment section below.