Hair care tips: 5 tips on how to get rid of split ends (Hair Masks)
Often, girls who have long hair have the problem of split ends (last 2-3 centimeters of our hair are usually affected by this problem); but we don’t want to trim our locks, because we can lose those important centimeters of our beautiful hair. What to do? How to get rid of split ends?
Natural hair care remedies became very popular nowadays, not only because these remedies are very effective, but also, because usually we can find all the necessary ingredients for homemade hair treatments right in our kitchen.
Let’s talk about 5 tips on how to get rid of split ends without cutting our hair. I don’t mean that trimming your hair is bad. Not at all! In fact, it’s even recommended to trim your locks regularly, but today we will talk about split ends remedies other than trimming. I will share with you some great and effective homemade hair treatments and hair masks that will make your locks look healthier, shinier and silkier. (Quick tip: It’s better to apply these hair masks only on the middle length of your hair, concentrating on the ends and avoiding the roots, because our targets are split ends. If you apply a nourishing hair mask on the roots and all over your head, your hair can become greasy and heavy.) Let’s begin:
1) How to get rid of split ends? Use oils and ripe avocado.
Mix 2 table spoons of olive oil with 2 table spoons of coconut oil (you can very slightly warm up the oils for better results, the temperature should be comfortable to touch), add one ripe mashed avocado (avocado is optional, oils alone will also do a great job). Mix well all these ingredients, until you get a creamy consistency. Apply this mask on your hair, avoiding the roots; concentrate only on the middle length and on the ends of your hair. Make a hair bun and cover up your head with a shower cup and then, towel. Let this mask sit on your hair for at least 30 minutes. Make sure that your special someone doesn’t see you with this extravagant construction on your head, because it might look very unattractive :). Wash and condition your hair as usual. You should notice the great result from the first time of doing this hair mask. Your hair will become shinier, softer and healthier.
2) How to get rid of split ends with beer?
Who would have thought that beer can be a split ends remedy? But yes. It definitely can help, because beer contains proteins and sugar which can strengthen your hair and mend damaged ends. Shampoo and condition your hair and then, rinse your locks with beer. The only inconvenience of this hair treatment is beer scent, but if you can bear with it – try this technique! It works!
3) Here is another hair mask that can efficiently fight split ends: take 2 table spoons of any moisturizer (yes, facial moisturizer will do) and mix it up with 2 table spoons of olive oil (or coconut oil). Apply this mask on the lengths of your hair, concentrating on the ends and wait for about 30 minutes, then wash your hair as usual. Do this mask regularly before shampooing your hair and soon you will see wonderful results – beautiful, healthy hair without split ends!
4) Our next hair care tip is for ladies who don’t like homemade remedies: to get rid of split ends – use your favorite cosmetic hair repairing mask, but use it in a slightly unusual way…Instead of applying this mask on your hair for only 2-3 minutes, as we usually do, let it sit on your hair for longer. Here is how you can do it: after you shampoo your locks, slightly towel dry your hair and apply your favorite nourishing/repairing hair mask; apply it only on the length of your hair, concentrating on the ends and avoiding the roots; then, put on a shower cup and towel, wait for 1 or 2 hours and rinse off. Your hair will be silky, shiny, healthy and nourished. This is a very efficient technique on how to get rid of split ends!
5) Use ingredients form your kitchen to make a wonderful hair mask: mix one egg yolk with 3 table spoons of olive oil, add 1 table spoon of honey. Apply this mask on the length and ends of your hair; let it sit on your hair for about one hour; then, shampoo and condition. If you do this hair mask, at least, once every 2 weeks, you’ll notice how much more nourished and healthy your hair will look.
And finally, remember, if you want to have beautiful, healthy and shiny hair without split ends you need to take a good care of your locks, eat healthy, nourish and protect your hair from excessive sun exposure.
I hope you find these tips for healthy hair useful. Please feel free to share your own hair care tips on how to get rid of split ends without trimming your hair in the comment section below.