Hair care tips can be useful for everyone, because everybody wants to have healthy hair that is shiny and lustrous. About 78% of women are unhappy with the type of hair they possess. Seems like maintaining good and attractive tresses is a big issue these days…It’s important to take a good care of your locks, if you want to have that “glossy” hair full of volume.
There are several natural hair care tips, some do’s and don’ts that you can keep in mind in order to have your hair healthy, get more shine and gain bigger volume.
Let’s discuss some of the “do’s” first:
1) While doing shopping for your combs and hair brushes, go for the one that is made from natural materials, this way you can keep your tresses healthy and damage free. Mason Pearson All Boar Bristle Hair Brush, for example, is, absolutely, one of the best brushes you can find.
2) Avoid rubbing your damp hair with towel, because while wet, your hair are the most weak and vulnerable. Instead, squeeze your hair up lightly to release extra water, it will help protect your hair from split ends and breakage.
3) Make use of good quality serums or various hair oils to achieve that desired shine. Make sure to do hair repairing and hydrating mask at least once a week; for this you can use whether “ready-made” cosmetic masks or apply natural oils on your scalp and hair for about 30 minutes; such oils as olive oil, coconut oil or castor oil will do a great job. Give a gentle massage to your scalp with the hair oil to improve circulation and nourish it. All this will help to enhance your hair’s quality.
4) Avoid using too much of blow dryers or straightening irons on your hair. These tools can make your tresses rough and weak, imparting you an unkempt look.
5) For some extra shine make use of lemon juice. Squeeze the juice of half lemon and pour it into the big bottle of water, then rinse your hair with it as a final step of your hair washing routine. Your hair should become softer and shinier. (Vinegar plus water option will give similar results, but I prefer lemon juice, because of the vinegar’s smell issue.)
6) Drink lots of water and eat lots of raw fruits and fresh vegetables, it will not only improve the quality of your hair, but also will have wonderful impact on your whole system.
7) It’s harmful to wash your hair daily; also, while washing your tresses, always use lukewarm water, because hot water can dry out the scalp and cause irritation.
8) Keep your hair-styling tools, especially hair brushes, neat and clean; also, try to make use of wide-toothed comb to avoid hair fall, because it’s very gentle to hair, it causes less friction, yet – very effective in detangling the hair. You can even use wide-toothed comb on wet hair, also for spreading hair conditioner. (Diane Ionic Extra Wide Comb With Handle, $3,50)
Let’s talk about the “don’ts” that you have to consider in order to maintain healthy and attractive hair:
9) Don’t pull your hair too tightly while hair styling or doing ponytail. Too much pressure may weaken your hair from the roots and can result in breakage and hair fall.
10) While using blow drier don’t keep it too close to the scalp, and continuously move it around, because the “overdose” of heat can be dangerous for your tresses’ health. Also, set the minimum drying temperature if you want your hair to be in good condition.
11) Don’t use too much chemicals, as these end up damaging your hair totally. Avoid shampoo and conditioner that have laurel or laureth sulfates in them, because these chemicals can cause hair dryness, lead to breakage and damage, as well as cause allergic reactions. These (laureth sulfates) are industrial chemicals, cleaning agents added to many shampoos, soaps, conditioners and even to some facial washes. Use natural shampoo instead. I know, it’s not easy to find your way in the ocean of modern hair care products, so here is the list of best sulfate-free hair products:
– Kiss my face – Shampoo Miss Treated, $9,14
My favorite one is simple – Weleda Baby Calendula Shampoo & Bodywash, it’s made for babies, but I love it too!
Or, you can make your own natural shampoo: mix baking soda with water in such proportions that you may get a thick paste, then rub this paste into your hair concentrating on the roots, as you would do with usual shampoo, then rinse and condition. This homemade shampoo is, definitely, not for everyday use.
12) Don’t comb or brush your hair vigorously, be very gentle instead, like this you will preserve the health and beauty of your locks for a long time.
Proper hair care can make a big difference in the way your hair looks and feels. Also, healthy hair in good condition can tremendously increase your self confidence and self esteem.
What are your favorite hair care tips for healthy hair? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment’s section below.