Everyone can have a bad hair day when your hair goes from glossy to greasy and you have an important event just at that wrong moment…Don’t worry, there always can be a solution! Today let me share with you 10 bad head remedies and hair tips that you can start using starting from today:
1) If you’ve got oily roots and you need a quick fix, try mixing alcohol-free toner with water in equal amounts, pour this mix into a spray bottle and spritz it on your roots, then blow dry. Your hair should look more fresh and less oily.
2) If you’ve got baby-fine hair and you want to give it more “body”, try to reverse the natural order of things: condition your hair first and then, shampoo.
3) To quickly get rid of greasy roots try this: massage a tea spoon of baby powder or corn starch into your roots, then brush thoroughly with your head turned upside down. This tip will work particularly well on blond hair. If your hair is brown, use only a tiny amount of baby powder or you can use a little bit of bronzing powder instead.
4) If you have oily hair try to mix your usual shampoo with one drop of tea tree oil and wash your hair with this mix. Tea tree oil will help absorb excess oil and thus, make your hair less oily.
5) If your hair tends to tangle, try this tip: after washing up your hair apply a hair mask or conditioner and let it sit on your hair for 15-30 minutes, then rinse. You will notice tremendous difference in the way your hair looks and shines, and of course, you’ll have a lot less tangles!
6) What if you’ve just applied too much gel on your hair and you have no time to wash it? There is a way out! Try to run a towel over your hair a couple of times and you will notice big improvement!
7) In order to make your hair absorb the conditioner or hair mask better, blot your hair dry with a towel after you shampoo and before you condition. This way not only your hair will absorb conditioning product better, but it will be also better protected from static.
8) When blow drying your hair, keep moving the blow-dryer as you go, because if you keep the heat in one place for long – you can fry your hair, which is a “no, no!”
9) Avoid blow drying your hair when it’s sopping wet. To have healthier hair, first blot them dry with a towel after washing and then only use your blow-dryer, this way you’ll cut down on your blow drying time and your hair will feel and look healthier.
10) If your hair caught an unpleasant smell (from a cigarette smoke, for example), how to get rid of it quickly when you don’t have time to properly wash your hair? Try wiping a fabric softener sheet like Bounce through your hair. This will help to reduce the odour. It’s not a trick for an everyday use but can be handy when you are in a hurry.
I hope you found the above tips useful. What are your favourite bad head day’s fixes? Please, share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay happy and pretty!