Today let’s discuss 16 interesting and fun facts about the legendary, iconic brand – Coca-Cola. Some of these facts can blow your mind:
1) Coca-Cola was invented in 1886 by American pharmacist John Stith Pemberton. This means that Coca-Cola brand exists for almost 130 years.
2) Coca-Cola was originally branded by the inventor as a cure from various deceases, including headache and impotence…
3) If you placed all 8-ounce bottles of Coca-Cola ever produced together, end-to-end and made a chain out of it, this chain would reach the moon and back over 1000 times.
4) The term Coca-Cola stands in the top of most understood terms in the world (next to the term “okay”).
5) If you could collect all the bottles of Coca-Cola ever produced and then, give it to people, then, each person on the planet would receive over 1000 bottles.
6) Coca-cola is the oldest sponsor of Olympic games. (The company started to do the sponsorship of Olympics since 1928.)
7) Over 8000 glasses of Coca-Cola are consumed every second on this planet.
8) If you could pour all the Coca-Cola ever produced into a swimming pool, you would need a reservoir about 30 kilometers long, with the width of 15 kilometers and depth of 200 meters; about half billion people could swim there.
9) If you could make a chain from all the bottles of Coca-Cola ever consumed since the beginning of the brand, this chain could go around the Earth’s orbit over 4000 times.
10) Coca-cola brand produces over 3,500 different beverages (other than Coca-Cola), which means that you would need over 3 years to try them all, if you tried 3 of their beverages a day.
11) The red logo of Coca-Cola is recognized by 90% of world’s population.
12) Coca-Cola Company serves more than 1.7 billion servings of their various beverages a day.
14) One classic serving of Coca-Cola per person contains 39 grams of sugar, which means that average American consumes about 5 kilograms of sugar a year only from drinking Coke (if he drinks about 130 Cokes per year).
15) Coca-Cola spends a lot of money on advertising. According to Wikipedia, Coca-Cola’s advertising expenses exceed 3 billion dollars in 2011.
16) Coca-Cola’s Facebook page has over 70 million fans and continues to grow.
I hope you found it fun. Do you like drinking Coke? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment’s section below.