Today, let’s look at rice bran oil benefits for skin and hair:
Being a big fan of natural skin care products, I cant help but mention wonderful benefits of rice bran oil, which is not only great for cooking and beneficial for our overall health, but it also can be efficiently used for skin care and hair care.
Rice bran oil is a well kept beauty secret of many Asian and, especially, Japanese ladies. This oil is rich in vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. In Asian countries women use rice bran oil not only for dressing up their salads, but also, they apply it directly on the skin and hair.
Rice bran oil is a natural antioxidant
Nowadays, almost all anti aging skin care products and facial creams are labeled with the word “antioxidants”, which are actually substances and vitamins that can fight free radicals, thus, preventing aging process; but the only difference, that the antioxidants in creams are packed with chemicals and preservatives, which aren’t very beneficial for the beauty of our skin. (This is one of the main reasons why I completely stopped using facial creams and started my journey of investigating natural skin care products.) Rice bran oil, on the other hand, is completely free from all unnecessary (harmful) ingredients and it can provide us only with benefits.
Rice bran oil benefits for skin: (it can be applied directly on your face, all over your body or it can be mixed with your usual skin care products)
– Rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids, rice bran oil is able to deeply penetrate into skin’s layers, nourishing it from within, making your skin very soft and velvety,
– it improves skin’s elasticity, making it appear more youthful and plump,
– it hydrates the skin and helps it to retain moisture, thus, making your skin softer and smoother,
– rice bran oil boosts skin’s natural regeneration process,
– it can help to renew and improve skin’s surface,
– rice bran oil nourishes skin cells with vitamins and antioxidants, slowing down and preventing aging process,
– it improves overall complexion and helps to even out the skin tone,
– helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines (also helps to prevent them),
– rice bran oil doesn’t clog pores,
– it naturally helps to protect the skin from sun damage,
– it’s easily absorbed into the skin, so it’s not likely to increase oiliness,
– helps to brighten and, even, slightly whiten the skin,
– rice bran oil has anti-inflammatory properties and can help sooth and calm down irritated skin,
– it adds youthful glow to your skin,
– helps to protect the skin from external aggressions: such as wind, cold, polluted city environment and, as mentioned above, rice bran oil can protect the skin from harmful sun damage, working as natural sun block,
Rice bran is also very beneficial for your hair and can be used in hair masks and for scalp massage:
– it can rejuvenate dull looking hair, making your locks shinier and healthier looking,
– protects your hair from sun damage,
– normalizes oiliness of your scalp,
– rice bran oil massage can efficiently help to fight dandruff,
– it can strengthen and nourish your hair,
– rice bran oil can help prevent split ends, if you apply it regularly and make rice bran oil hair masks,
– regular use of this oil can make your hair thicker and easily manageable,
– it helps strengthen and nourish the roots of your hair…
The benefits of this natural beauty product are countless…Rice bran oil also can deliver amazing benefits, if you use it in cooking. No wonder that this oil is widely used and praised by many and is considered to be the oil of health, beauty and youth by numerous Asian women.
(Make sure your are not allergic to the ingredients of natural beauty products, before using homemade treatments.)
Have you ever used rice bran oil? Please, share your thoughts in the comment’s section below.