I’m starting a new series on the site called “Natural skin care products”. Here, we will talk about different kinds of oils and “good” ingredients that you can use to care for your skin naturally.
Today we will discuss avocado oil and it’s skin care benefits. Let’s begin:
1) Antioxidants in avocado oil.
Avocado fruit, and therefore, avocado oil are very rich in antioxidants and, especially, Vitamin E, which is known to be very powerful helper in the “battle” against skin ageing process, fighting free radicals and protecting skin cells from oxidizing.
2) Avocado oil is rich in Omega-3, which is highly effective in protecting the skin from UV rays, therefore decreasing the chance of being sunburned, preventing the appearance of age spots and reducing the risk of skin cancer. Avocado oil is ideal for dry, dehydrated and damaged skin, because it can “breath a new life” into it, increasing it’s elasticity and rejuvenating the skin.
3) Avocado oil is rich in vitamins, such as Vitamins A, E, D, B1, B2, K, PP...It can be used not only as a skin care treatment, but also, the vitamins mentioned above can be beneficial for the whole body. To improve the overall condition of your hair, nails, skin and the whole system, it’s good to eat 1 teaspoon of avocado oil 2 times a day, 30 minutes before eating during at least one month.
The only important thing is – make sure that you are not allergic to avocado oil.
4) Avocado oil is widely used in cosmetic industry, as a very powerful ingredient that can help moisturize your skin, nourish it and fight ageing process, as we already mentioned. Most effective benefits avocado oil brings to our facial skin. This oil is considered to be “a base oil” that you can apply on the skin alone, in it’s pure form, or use it as a base for preparing essential oils’ mixes.
5) Avocado oil can be used daily and is beneficial for all skin types, it can be used, as a very effective and natural skin moisturizer. This oil will deeply penetrate to the deep layers of the skin and stimulate the production of collagen, therefore, improving the softness and elasticity of the skin and reducing it’s dryness. (Avocado oil can be also beneficial for people with such skin conditions as psoriasis and eczema, relieving the itchiness of the skin.)
6) Avocado oil can be used alone instead of under eye cream, naturally caring for gentle skin around the eyes and reducing tiny mimic fine lines and wrinkles.
7) Avocado oil can be used as a great night time treatment or it can be used as a base for preparing other homemade natural skin care treatments. 1 teaspoon of avocado oil can be added to any facial homemade mask. When used regularly, avocado oil can help reduce skin redness or irritations, get rid of small fine lines, improve skin’s elasticity, so that the skin will look young, healthy and fresh.
So, the conclusion is – we have all natural, beautiful skin care ingredient that can improve your skin in many ways, so that you probably won’t need to go to beauty salons for “fancy” facials and, may be, you won’t even need to buy expensive “branded” creams.
If you desire to have glowing skin, if your skin is very dry and you want to improve it’s elasticity, or if you just desire to fight ageing process using natural ingredients – avocado oil can be a good solution for you, filled with antioxidants, vitamins and “good” fatty acids, it can do a great job protecting, moisturizing and soothing your skin.
I hope you found it useful. Please feel free to share your own natural beauty secrets in the comment’s section below.