Many times after seeing our pictures tagged on Facebook, we feel embarrassed because we didn’t look our best.
Let me share with you 8 tips that will help you to look good in photos, no matter if it’s a professional photo session or just a snap shoot from your phone.
1) Avoid shimmer and SPF. Especially, don’t apply shimmer all over your face, nor a foundation with high SPF factor, when you know that you will be photographed. Shimmery light reflective particles (as well as some sunblock substances), can make you look oily or too white instead of beautiful in photos, especially if the flash in used on camera.
2) If you are making some serious and important pictures, invest into a great high-definition foundation (for example, MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation). These types of foundations were developed for actresses and TV presenters. On HD TV you can notice every little detail of their face. To look good in photos your face should look flawless and your foundation should hide all the imperfections and look invisible.
3) Apply shimmer only on strategic places. Apply a highlighter lightly on your cheekbones, on the cupids bow, in the inner corners of your eyes and under your brows. This way, shimmer will emphasise your beauty and make you look glamorous and polished.
4) Apply your makeup in front of amplifying mirror, better by the window, in a good daylight! It already happened to me when, after applying my makeup, I went out thinking that I looked quite lovely, and after seeing pictures of myself on that day, I was shocked, because it didn’t look the same when I was at home. All these unexpected surprises happen because the bad indoor lighting can alter the way your makeup looks in reality. So, pay attention to this detail.
5) Make your eyes stand out with black mascara and eyeliner. Apply a black eyeliner, mascara and then – false lashes. All these tools will help to make your eyes pop. On pictures black contrast always looks pretty.
6) Feel at ease. Put your tongue behind your teeth and smile, it will help you to look effortless, naturally beautiful and relaxed. Or try closing your eyes, then opening them slowly just before the photo is taken, this will also help you to feel at ease.
7) Confidence is very important ingredient for a successful photo shoot. You need to feel beautiful and confident inside. Be proud of your freckles, big ears or any other features that you might have, this is what makes you unique!
8) Practice posing in front of the mirror at home, move a lot, don’t feel embarrassed, just play. This way you will find out which poses look great on camera. The 45-degree angle, for example, usually looks amazing in photos, as well as simple smile ;).
I hope you found the above tips useful. Feel free to leave comments and share your tips about how to look good in photos. I’d love to hear from you.