Concealer is one of the most important tools of our makeup and we, ladies, usually, reach to it every day. Today let me share with you some beauty tips on how to use concealer and, probably, some of them will look very new to you. Let’s begin:
Concealer beauty tip 1: Concealers for shadowy area around your eyes.
– To erase dark circles around your eyes and shadowy areas on your face – use light weight brightening, light reflective or illuminating concealer instead of heavy creamy one. (Best under eye concealers of my choice are: Touche Éclat by Yves Saint Laurent, Clinique Airbrush Concealer or Maybelline – Dream Lumi Touch); all of the mentioned above concealers can do miracles, erasing darkness and puffiness around your eyes, because not only they are very light weight, but also, they slightly reflect the light, illuminating shadowy areas without getting stuck into any fine lines that you might have. You can also use these concealers or illuminators around your nose or anywhere else where you have shadowy areas.
– When applying under eyes concealer – look straight into the mirror and apply it right on the dark areas under your eyes, and blend; don’t put it on light areas of your face.
– Don’t use too light concealer under your eyes, because it can look almost as bad, as having dark circles.
– When applying concealer on the under eye area with fine lines – you can try to use a primer first and then, only, apply your concealer. The primer will help your makeup stay put and will prevent your concealer from creasing and settling into fine lines and wrinkles.
Concealer beauty tip 2: Correct and neutralize blue, red and purple tones.
– If you have blue tone or purple veins under your eyes or on your face, try to use a little bit of concealer with peachy tone to it, it will easily correct the “bluishness” and add freshness to your face.
– If you have redness on your face and you want to cover it up – use a concealer with slightly green tint to it. Green will help neutralize redness and will “camouflage” your face with no effort. (Also, when you have redness on your face, feel free to book an appointment with a dermatologist and treat your problem instead of running away and camouflaging it. The quicker you do it – the better!)
Concealer beauty tip 3: How a concealer can give you an illusion of bigger lips?
Concealer can also help you to, slightly, enlarge your lips. Let me tell you how: first, apply a thick, full coverage concealer all over your lips, kind of erasing their contour; then, line up your lips with a lip pencil of the same tone as your natural lip color, going slightly over the true contour of your lips; fill in your lips completely with the pencil (filling your lips with lip pencil will help your makeup stay put for a very long time). Then, apply a lipstick of chosen tone on top of the lip pencil, following the lip line that you’ve just created, which goes slightly over your natural lip contour. This will help give an illusion of bigger lips without any plastic surgery intervention.
Concealer beauty tip 4: Maximum coverage!
If you want to achieve maximum coverage with your concealer – apply it using synthetic-bristle concealer brush, instead of your fingers. Concealer brushes exist in various shapes and sizes, so if you want to be hyper-precise – use a very small concealer brush to pin point and camouflage all the tiny spots and imperfections on your face. Never be heavy handed while using a concealer, apply it sparingly only on the areas you need – we don’t want a cakey face, right?!
Concealer beauty tip 5: Perfect match.
When covering imperfections, sunspots, breakouts and acne scars – look for a thick cream concealer that perfectly matches your skin tone. If your concealer is too light or too dark – it will only emphasize the imperfections instead of covering them up. So make sure you have a “true match”. Visit a makeup store with bare face, it will help you find the exactly right color; ask sales associate to help you match the color and take a look at your face on a day light. Here are some of my favorite and best full coverage concealers that have very strong “camouflaging power”: Benefit Boi ing Industrial Strength Concealer, Mac Studio Finish Concealer, Make Up For Ever Full Cover, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer, Hard Candy Glamoflauge, and, finally, one that goes well for under eyes, very pigmented and creamy is by It Cosmetics – Bye Bye Undereye Concealer.
Concealer makeup tip 6: Before or after?
If you use a liquid foundation, apply your concealer after you’ve applied foundation, so that you don’t move your concealer out of place and then, fix everything with a slight touch of powder. If you use powder foundation – apply your concealer first, because powder will help set and secure your concealer in place.
I hope you found it useful. Feel free to share your own tips on how to use concealer in the comment’s section below.
Stay beautiful and smile often!