Today let’s talk about some makeup and beauty tips for women that every lady should know…You can read Part 2 of this article here.
1) To remove eye makeup apply some olive oil on a cotton pad or a Q-tip and gently wipe away the makeup. Not only it’s very efficient, but also, it will moisturise and nourish your skin and eyelashes. (Avoid getting olive oil into your eyes).
2) If you don’t have your styling products at hand (hair gel or hair mouse), rub some thick leave in conditioner between your hands and use it to style your (already dry) hair. It will nourish and moisturise your locks and add shine; the hold will be similar to hair styling products, especially, when you let it dry for couple of minutes.
3) Your hair conditioner can be a great alternative to your shaving cream, when you’ve ran out of it.
4) Wear beautiful lingerie (even if nobody can see it), wear it for yourself, wear it because it makes you feel fabulous.
5) To keep your makeup brushes in great condition, wash them using a baby shampoo mixed with a little bit of olive oil (when I say “a little bit”, I mean it ;)), it will help keep the hairs of your brushes very soft and prevent them from drying out over time.
6) For soft lips apply some raw honey on your clean old toothbrush (with soft bristles) and gently massage your lips with it for couple of minutes. Then, take away the excess using a warm washcloth, apply a lip balm on your lips and enjoy kissable and baby soft pout.
7) In case of emergency, you can use Starbucks napkins or toilet seat covers as oil blotters, when you’ve ran out of your usual ones.
8) You can use sweet almond oil as your moisturiser. Rich in vitamins, it will nourish your skin, leaving it soft, smooth and hydrated…
9) Avoid taking long hot showers, because it can dehydrate your skin. (Of course it’s ok to take a hot shower once in a while, but avoid doing it on a regular basis.)
10) To create your own gentle cleanser, ground 1 table spoon of oats, add 1 table spoon of white clay and 1-2 table spoons of olive oil or plain yogurt, as a mixing fluid. Take a little bit of this paste into your hand, add some water and wash your face with it (don’t rub, be gentle). Your face will feel soft, clean and smooth. No harmful chemicals involved!
11) When you wash your hair – apply your shampoo only on the roots of your hair, when you condition – apply conditioner only on the lengths.
12) To prepare your own deep conditioning hair mask mix 1 mashed avocado with 3 table spoons of burdock oil (or, even, you can use mayonnaise. Yes, you got me right! Mayonnaise is very nourishing). Apply the mask on your hair for about half an hour once a week (shampoo and condition your hair as usual, after doing this hair mask). Your hair will become softer, shinier and silkier.
13) If you want to extend the life of your razor, don’t keep it in the shower, place it in a dry place instead.
14) Refresh your skin in the morning by splashes of warm, then cold water. Repeat for couple of times, always finishing up by splashing your face with cold water (it will help to close up your pores); your face will instantly look fresh, beautiful and awake.
15) Blink while applying mascara on your lashes, it will make mascara application a lot easier and quicker. Also, wiggle the wand and turn it while applying mascara, in order to get unbelievably big, long and voluminous lashes.
16) If you want to get long lashes with a lot of volume, but you don’t like wearing falsies, then buy two different mascaras, one that adds volume and another one that gives length, apply them one after the other and enjoy beautiful, extra long and mega voluminous lashes.
17) Use a hair gel, a hairspray or a clear mascara to fix your eyebrows. Just spray/apply a little bit of fixing product on a clean spooley and brush your brows upwards and then, to the sides. You’ll get plenty of compliments on how great and well groomed your eyebrows look!
18) If you don’t have your usual deodorant at hand, but you’re less than fresh in your armpits area, apply a nicely smelling hand sanitizer under your arms. It will help to kill the bacteria and will make you smell fresh and “perfumey”.
19) Prepare your own homemade body scrub, by mixing brown sugar with olive oil (in proportion 1:1), add a little bit of lemon juice and gently massage your body with it while in the shower. It will nourish, moisturize and exfoliate your skin, leaving it soft, smooth and hydrated.
20) To prepare homemade face scrub mix 1 table spoon of coffee grounds with 1 table spoon of olive oil, add a little bit of raw honey (optional) and massage your face with it for about a minute, then rinse and enjoy soft, smooth and hydrated skin.
I hope you found these makeup and beauty tips useful. What are your favorite beauty tips and secrets? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment’s section below.
You can read Part 2 of this article here.