10 Fabulous beauty quotes that you can stick to your mirror
Beauty is a difficult thing to define, as beauty means different things to people. Many have tried though, and here are ten of the most inspiring quotes from famous people on what beauty really means:
1. “Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.” – Sophia Loren
Never a truer word said about beauty, than this. Self confidence in a woman is, in itself beautiful and, if you don’t believe in yourself, you can’t expect others to believe in you.
2. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. “ – Audrey Hepburn
This is another famous quotes about beauty. Audrey Hepburn was not only a film and fashion icon and regarded as being one of the most naturally beautiful women in the world, she was also well known for her humanitarian work. If anyone knew what it really meant to be beautiful, it was her.
3. “Be yourself, the world worships the original” – Ingrid Bergman
This quote is a reminder to always be true to your true self from the Swedish born Hollywood star, Ingrid Bergman. Confidence and individuality will always be admired in a woman more than simply trying to fit in with the crowd.
4. ‘Beauty is a power; a smile is its sword’ – John Ray
John Ray was a naturalist in the 1600’s and published books on plants and animals, but in this quote, he shows his appreciation of the natural beauty to be found in people, as well and the power that beauty holds over others, especially when it’s combined with a smile.
5. “No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt and the longest serving First Lady that there has ever been, Eleanor Roosevelt explains in her quote that beauty is not just skin deep, it’s what’s inside that truly counts.
6. “The best part of beauty is that, which no picture can express” – Francis Bacon
Francis bacon had many strings to his bow, politician, author and scientist to mention just a few. In this famous quote though, he turned his attention to inner beauty and he was, perhaps, saying that it’s the person that is beautiful, not the picture that they present.
7. “Everything has a beauty but not everyone sees it” – Confucius
Chinese philosopher Confucius had a lot to say about many things and as a philosopher; he spent his whole life trying to make sense of the world around him. He knew better than anyone, if you want to see beautiful things, then all you have to do is look around you.
8. “The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.” – Yves Saint-Laurent
Yves Saint-Laurent could have been saying different things here. Was he saying all that you need is a touch of make up or was he saying that some women mistakenly think that all they need is makeup?
9. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous, than absolutely boring’ – Marilyn Monroe
You don’t have to conform, to be beautiful and many of the world’s geniuses and artists have been or have been accused of being mad. Sometimes, just being different is all that you need to be beautiful.
10. “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect happiness.” – Drew Barrymore
Always look on the bright side of life. When you are happy, then you bring happiness into other peoples life and that is a beautiful thing for anyone to be able to do.
What are your favorite beauty quotes? Feel free to share them in the comment section below.