It happened to all of us at least once in life – when we were in a big hurry packing our traveling bag – we completely forgot to take some essential cosmetic products. Let’s talk about fun beauty tips and product’s substitutes that can help you out in those moments when you need it:
1) You’ve lost or forgotten your lipstick? No worries. Mix some of your blush or an eyeshadow with with your lip balm or even with your moisturiser and apply it on your lips as a lip colour using your finger or a lip brush. The key is to pick the right eyeshadow color, pink or coral shades will do a perfect job! You can also use Vaseline instead of lipgloss, applying it on top of your lipstick for extra shine, or using it alone, it works so well!
2) You forgot to take your foundation with you while travelling, so how to get perfect skin? Try this: mix your powder with your face cream and use it instead of foundation. Or another solution – mix your concealer with your moisturiser, it will also do the job very well.
3) Forgot to pack makeup remover into your bag? Apply some olive oil on the cotton pad and gently remove your makeup with it. Not only it will help to remove your makeup, but also it will moisturise and soften your skin.
4) You’ve left your shaving gel in your other bag? Use your hair conditioner or olive oil to smoothly shave your legs – these two products are wonderful substitutes of the shaving gel, they’ll leave your skin soft and very smooth.
5) Another substitute of makeup remover – baby wipes. You can fearlessly use baby wipes to remove your makeup, they’ll do a great job removing even the most stubborn eyeshadows and foundation.
6) You need a diffuser for your blow dryer? Try using simple sock – just put a thin sock over the end of your blow dryer (make sure it’s a clean sock :p)) and your curls won’t be blown away!
7) If you forgot your shampoo at home while packing your travelling bag, you can wash your hair using your shower gel and then, condition as usual.
8) Where is my blush? No worries! Mix your lipstick with some moisturiser and apply it on the apples of your cheeks. If you want a powdery blush you can apply the eyeshadow of coral or rosy tone on your cheeks. Did you know that eyeshadow can also be your blush?
9) Forgot your eyeliner? Grab your thin liner brush and dip it into your mascara, use the product that is stuck on the side of the tube, and use it as your eyeliner. This trick works wonderfully!
10) You don’t have your eyebrow gel at hand…Don’t worry! Grab your usual hair gel and apply some of it on your brow brush and comp your brows with it. Your brows will stay well groomed the whole day!
I hope you found it useful! Feel free to share your own favourite tips on how to substitute makeup products.