Do you wonder what healthy foods to eat to lose weight?
Losing some extra pounds requires certain work to start with. You can try to tire yourself out with lots of exercise and physical works, or you can follow the simple method of implementing healthy eating habits.
Although a good healthy diet is considered to be a good thing, nowadays, weight loss doesn’t require that you totally stop eating.
Today, let’s talk about 15 best foods for weight loss.
There are ways to lose weight without holding yourself from eating. Below is the list of 15 best foods to eat to lose weight; next time you make a trip to supermarket, make sure to keep this list in your mind:
• Fruits and Vegetables – Water can really help you in losing weight. Fruits and vegetables that are rich with water content can fill you; this is a good way to lose weight, since this kind of food doesn’t need to be prepared; you can eat fresh fruits and vegetables whenever you want. Main tip: make sure the food you pick is rich with water content and fiber.
• Lettuce – One pound of Lettuce contains only 60 – 70 calories; it’s a very diet-friendly food. Lettuce is a great source of magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamins A, B-6 and C and folic acid. These help to regulate blood sugar and are good for immune system.
• Radishes – Radishes are enjoyed in salads and coleslaw. They are filled with folic acid, potassium and antioxidants. Radish also contains sulphur compounds, which help the digestive system to work better. Radish root is good, but so are also it’s greens, as they contain calcium and vitamin C.
• Spinach – Spinach has many benefits; it can be used in a salads, green smoothies or eaten with other dishes. It contains calcium, iron, magnesium and vitamins A, B-6, C and K.
• Grapefruit – Grapefruit should always be considered when planning on losing weight. Rich in vitamin C, it’s good for the heart and with potassium, folic acid and its fibres, it is also very good for weight loss.
• Cauliflower – Eating fresh cauliflower, either raw or adding it to soups, is a good source of foliate, magnesium and Vitamin C.
• Cabbage – Cabbage is a good food source that can boost the immune system. It can be consumed in many ways; use it in salads or coleslaw, either way, it’s one of the best foods to eat to lose weight.
• Broccoli – Broccoli is also a great food that can help you shed pounds; it contains calcium and fibres. Add it to your meals to lose weight faster.
• Beans – One way to lose weight is to stay full for a longer time. Beans can do this trick; they contain proteins and are high in fibers. They digest slowly, which keeps you away from consuming more food.
• Nuts – Apart from main meals, taking healthy snacks can also help you slim down. Eating peanuts, pecans, almonds or walnuts will make you eat less when you take meals.
• Apples – Eating raw apples can help you lose weight a lot more efficiently, than, for example, drinking an apple juice. Raw fruits contain fibers that can hardly be found in its other forms. Eating an apple will fill you fast. Also, everybody knows that an apple a day keeps the doctor away . 😉
• Soup – Soup is healthy and taking it before the meal will keep you from overeating. This is one of the best kept healthy eating secrets of Asian diet. Make sure that the soup is broth-based and don’t add any extra topping to increase the calories. Keep it to maximum 150 calories.
• Yogurt – Yogurt also can help in losing weight; many studies have already proven it right. Consume it the way you like and it will help in shedding pounds. For example, if you feel hungry at night, take a yogurt, instead of indulging in spaghetti bolognese.
• Dark Chocolate – This is a great news for all chocolate lovers. Not only dark chocolate is very delicious, but also it’s rich in antioxidants. Take dark chocolate between meals and you will end up eating less junk food.
• Pomegranates – Pomegranates are low in calories and are rich in fiber and vitamins. Taking them as little snacks between meals can prevent you from eating food with more calories. Pomegranates are juicy and have wonderful taste. Isn’t it a great snack?!
If you desire to shed pounds and you are not a fan of heavy physical exercising, then, a better option for you would be to eat varieties of foods that can help you lose weight. There are many more foods out there that can help you slim down. Losing weight requires a simple logic: in order to shed body weight, you will have to eat fewer calories than what you burn. Many types of foods, either raw or manufactured, can put extra weight on your body. Rather than focusing on eating less, eating the right kind of food will help you in losing weight, as well as on keeping up your energy level.
Also, avoid eating junk and processed foods and make sure to drink plenty of water, if you want to have lasting weight loss success.
I hope you find this list of best weight loss foods and these healthy eating tips useful.
What other best foods for weight loss do you like including in your diet? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.