10 Uses for vaseline
If you’ve got vaseline and it stays in your makeup box for ages without use, this situation can change right now. Let us share with you 10 great uses for vaseline:
(Quick note: We don’t recommend using these vaseline tips consistently and often, these tips are only good for occasions, when you don’t have any other options, as vaseline can also irritate the skin, clog pores and seal in the dirt.)
1) If you’ve run out of your usual eyebrow gel, you can use vaseline, it will easily and quickly tame your eyebrows and make them look shiny and groomed during the day.
2) If you don’t have any other options, but vaseline, it can act as a great lip balm and make chapped lips soft again. Apply it on your lips before applying your lipstick and your lips will stay moist and soft during the day. (Again, do it only if you don’t have other options, olive oil, for example, is a lot more beneficial for skin, than vaseline).
3) If you don’t have your lipstick at hand, but you absolutely need it, you can mix vaseline with a pink or red eyeshadow. And voila, you’ve just created your own lip shade.
4) If you have a very tight ring and you can’t take it off, vaseline can help. Rub your finger with vaseline and then your ring will easily come off.
5) Vaseline can help you to remove the most stubborn makeup. Just apply some of it on the area of your face that you want to clean, rub or massage it gently, and then, wash it off your face. (Don’t do it every day. Use this trick only if you don’t have any other options. If you have olive oil or coconut oil, use these instead.)
6) If you’ve run out of your leave in conditioner, you can apply a little bit of vaseline on the ends of your hair to make your locks look healthier.
7) If you don’t have your usual highlighter at hand, you can use vaseline as a highlighter. Apply it on your cheekbones, on your cupid’s bow and in the inner corners of your eyes to easily achieve fresh and dewy look.
8) If you don’t have any other moisturizer at hand, apply vaseline at night to your feet to make them softer and then, put on socks. In the morning your feet will feel a lot softer.
9) If you’ve run out of your lip gloss and you absolutely need it, because you have girls night out, you can use vaseline as your lip gloss. Avoid doing it every day though, as we’ve already mentioned above.
10) If you’ve run out of your lip scrub, and you don’t have anything else at hand, put vaseline to your lips for a few minutes, then scrub your lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate them, you will see how smooth your mouth will feel. If you have any kind of vegetable oil at hand, use it instead.
And finally, some people use vaseline as face moisturiser, but we wouldn’t recommend it. Although it used to be considered as a terrific moisturizer in the past, researches show that vaseline can clog pores, add excess oil to your face and, actually, is not as beneficial for you, as it used to be considered for decades, therefore avoid using vaseline consistently.
What are your favorite uses for vaseline?